How To Choose A Qualified Electric Motor Repair Company
To ensure smooth functioning of your factory/warehouse, it's important that the Electric Motor
s work effectively. Electric motor repairs are more often than not, a result of production activities and the factory environment. However they can also be a result of inadequate and substandard work by an electric motor repair company. To ensure that factory operates smoothly, here are a few tips to be followed:
1. The first and foremost consideration is to check if the company is clean and maintained in an orderly fashion. Nothing equals the benefits of a well experienced and trained professional who follows the required procedures to the T.
2. All certified electric motor repair companies ensure that their equipments and other instruments are calibrated annually with standard ANSI or the American National Standards Institute. Thus, with state of the art equipments and instruments, you can be assured that your motor is in safe hands. Accuracy of the reading is ensured through the calibration.
3. Documentation is a very important aspect when it comes to repairing motors. Although the skill of the professional is important to ensure a smooth process, well established electric motor companies don't always rely on the professional; they prefer to rather rely on documents. Thus whenever a repair is carried out, a detailed document is prepared to explain in detail the different procedures undertaken. Thus, you are assured that the work is being carried out in accordance with requirements set by EASA.
4. Even before the repair or rewinding work is begun, professionals spend considerable time and energy in determining the cause of the problem. Thus the motor is tested through detailed procedures including core loss testing and hot spot testing.
5. Certification is an important consideration. These are issued after thorough scrutiny and adherence to strict standards. An accreditation to EASA or the Electric Apparatus Service Association is always a good indicator of the competency of the electric motor repair company. The norms for acceptance in these associations are very strict. For instance, EASA requires their members to environmentally conscious at all times.
The company that you would choose ensures that they test run the motor for problems and check the vibration base line, with the problems being recorded. The motor is then disassembled, cleaned, and inspected. When doing so, possible electrical and mechanical problems are assessed and repaired. The motor is then hydro-cleaned, baked dry, and varnished with insulated varnish. As earlier said, finding a competent Electric Motor Company
is essential to ensure a smooth flow of your company. Finding a competant electric motor repair company is important to ensure the smooth functioning of your factory. The author of this article is an experienced electric motor repair professional and has written several articles to help people choose from the right company.