1) It is probably easier to name the things this electrical engineering juggernaut doesn’t do. From building technologies and automation equipment for manufacturers and construction companies to imaging and diagnostic systems for hospitals and Electric Motors for industrial and mobility purposes, Siemens seems to be everywhere. Since being founded over 150 years ago by a visionary entrepreneur, Siemens has grown into a world-leading electric motors manufacturer.Strategic acquisitions and developments:The company aims to redesign electric motor technology from the ground up for use in electric vehicles. Rolls-Royce, Siemens, and Airbus formed a partnership last year which aims at developing a near-term flight demonstrator that will be a significant step forward in hybrid-electric propulsion for commercial aircraft. Along with this, Siemens recently partnered with Alstom, a French multinational company, to combine its mobility business (including rail traction drives) with Alstom.
2) Toshiba, a world-leading diversified manufacturer and solutions provider, entered the electric motors industry in 1970 and has since developed a prominent tradition of manufacturing some of the most reliable, robust electric motors in the global market. The company offers a wide range of low and medium voltage motors that are setting new standards in extreme duty performance and durability.Strategic acquisitions and developments:In May 2013, Toshiba International Corp. acquired Elettra Technology Inc., a Hamilton-based industrial electric motors manufacturer. It was Toshiba’s first motor company acquisition in its history. Five years after the acquisition, the new business Toshiba Industrial Products Canada Ltd. is producing larger and more sophisticated electric motors in a renovated 63,000-square-foot facility.
3) Continuing a history of technological innovation spanning over 130 years, ABB has become a world leader in electrification products, industrial automation and power grids, robotics and motion. It serves clients in utilities, industry and transport and infrastructure globally. 2017 was a transition year for ABB, as the company strengthened and streamlined its portfolio and operations, in line with its Next Level strategy, further executing on a plan that began in 2014.Strategic acquisitions and developments:ABB completed its acquisition of B&R in 2017, one of the largest providers of machine and factory automation solutions. Further, in September, the company signed the contract to acquire GE Industrial Solutions, GE’s electrification solutions business, which is expected to strengthen its global position in electrification as well as expand its access to the North American market. Furthermore, as part of its Next Level strategy, wholly-owned brand Baldor Electric was renamed ABB on March 1, 2018.
4) Nidec Motor is a leading Japanese manufacturer of motors and control equipment for industrial use, home appliances, and consumer products. The company has several productions and sales bases in China, Mexico, America, and England. Nidec has been developing a new growth platform with a major focus on commercial and industrial businesses.Strategic acquisitions and developments:In Feb 2017, Nidec Corporation announced that it had completed the previously announced acquisition of the electric power generation, motors and drives business of Emerson Electric Co. The acquired business has a solid business foundation, strong brand, and excellent customer base, mainly in North America and Europe. Further, the company has agreed to form a joint venture with the French carmaker Groupe PSA and invest US$261 million in electric motor production in France for global and domestic distribution.
5) Rockwell Automation was founded in 1903 with a small investment of US$1,000. Since then, the American industrial automation provider has proven to be a success story, becoming one of the global leaders in automation technology. Over the past decade, its investments in globalization and technology have allowed it to expand its addressed market to more than US$90 billion.Strategic acquisitions and developments:In September 2016, Rockwell Automation acquired Maverick Technologies, a leading systems integrator, which helped the company improve its expertise in key batch applications. It also acquired Automation Control Products, a leading provider in the centralized thin client, remote desktop and server management software sectors.
6) AMETEK is a world-class organization focused on providing significant solutions to customers’ most complex challenges with unique technology innovations. Headquartered in Kent, Ohio, AMETEK’s subsidiary AMETEK Advanced Motion Solutions (AMS) provides DC motors, controllers/drives, fans, pumps, precision-controlled blowers, and custom-engineered linear motion systems.Strategic acquisitions and developments:The future of AMETEK is supported by its four growth strategies: global market expansion, operational excellence, new product development, and strategic acquisitions. On June 22, 2017, AMETEK, Inc announced that it had completed its acquisition of MOCON, a leading provider of instruments, detectors, systems and consulting services. MOCON joined AMETEK as part of its process and analytical instruments segment within AMETEK’s Electronic Instruments Group.
7) Regal Beloit is a well-positioned brand for the global energy efficiency trend with its high-efficiency motors and power transmission systems. The company has had a successful history of growth by offering world-class products and service close to where its customers need them. Its Genteq brand’s DC electric motors are found in nearly all variable-speed residential HVAC equipment in the US today, and its Marathon Electric Motors, Leeson and GE Commercial Motor brands are widely used throughout the industrial sector.Strategic acquisitions and developments:On February 28, 2018, Regal Beloit Corporation announced that it had entered into an agreement to acquire Nicotra Gebhardt S.p.A., a leader in energy-efficient systems, for approximately $154 million. This acquisition will help Regal Beloit to expand its portfolio, diversify geographic exposure and strengthen the capability to deliver energy efficient solutions. Over the past decade, Regal has acquired many brands, including A.O Smith’s, CMG Engineering Group, Dutchi Motors B.V.
8) Having served a range of industry verticals and businesses for more than 50 years, Johnson Electric group has become a global leader in electric motors, motion subsystems, actuators and related electro-mechanical components. Application-specific know-how and technology leadership are the key drivers that make Johnson Electric a world leader in its industry. The group offers the largest set of engineered motor and motion systems available in the market today, and these systems can be standardized for mass production or personalized to meet the needs of strategic sections and key accounts.Strategic acquisitions and developments:Johnson Electric has made significant advances in recent times through a number of wisely targeted acquisitions and investments, including the acquisition of AML Systems in May 2016 and the increased shareholding in Halla Stackpole Corporation in May 2017. The market-leading headlamp product line of AML systems complemented the existing actuator business of Johnson Electric.
Add: Building 3, Yingshuo science park, Wenming road, New Yang Gonglang village, Qiaotou town, Dongguan city, Guangdong Province,China